Saint John’s Day School
Covid-19 Response Overview
Revised August 11,2021
St. John’s Day School seeks to provide the safe, healthy environment for all students while allowing students to progress academically in a family-oriented, Christian environment.
This is a synopsis of the protocols to be used during the 2021-22 school year as long as COVID-19 is a consideration. As the State of Mississippi, the federal government, and the CDC make changes and recommendations, the protocols will be revised to reflect those changes and recommendations. Complete protocols and procedures will be posted on the website and will be published in the school handbook.
- The school will open at 7:00 a. m. each morning for early drop-off in the cafeteria. Parents and students should wear masks.
- Regular drop-off will begin in the circle at 7:45 and continue until 8:05.
- Parents are encouraged to keep children at home if they exhibit any signs of illness. Fever free for 24 hours.
Returning to School:
- All employees will be trained on health and safety protocols.
- Every effort will be made to keep the students safe but to establish as much normalcy as possible.
- The following practices will be used as feasible:
o Handwashing, face masks, disinfecting, ventilation of rooms.
o Social distancing through increased spacing, small groups, and limited moving between groups.
o Temperature monitoring as needed.
Classroom Environment: Pre-K – Sixth Grade
- Masks will be worn when in motion on campus. It is strongly suggested to wear mask indoors in the classroom.
- Each classroom will be sanitized a minimum of 1 time daily. Rooms will be deep cleaned and ventilated after school each day.
- Students will be appropriately distanced. Each classroom at SJDS will function as a small family unit using guidelines suggested by the CDC.
- Books, workbooks, art/craft supplies will not be shared and will be disinfected regularly.
- Handwashing will be employed throughout the day.
Other Activities and Information:
- Parents and other nonemployees are asked to visit the office only; masks should be worn.
- Additional COVID-specific information will be provided as it becomes available.
- A committee has been formed that will monitor changing circumstances surrounding COVID and will make recommendations to the Board.
- Decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis consistent with CDC guidelines.